Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day 28, Tuesday, August 7th

Today was one of extremes in the weather. Last night in Janesville, WI, a huge storm went through. Five or six times I was awakened by tremendous thunder claps and when they subsided and I thought the storm had passed and drifted back to sleep I was awakened by yet another round. So needless to say we thought for sure we would catch it when we left this morning. But as providence would have it the rain had all but ceased and the further south we went the better the weather was - save for the heat, which became brutal.

Did a little over 400 miles today (lots of stops to rest from the heat and also visited a couple Harley dealers) and stopped in Marion, IL, for the night. About 250 miles to go tomorrow to get back home.



Dealer in Bloomington, Illinois.



Rest stop along I-57 in southern Illinois.



It's not really hot is it?



Well from the looks of the girls I guess it must be!








No comments: